- Set oven 375ºF/190ºC/Gas 5
- Grease and line a 1lb/450g loaf tin with a strip of greased baking parchment long enough to overhang at both ends
- Heat the oil and fry the onion until soft
- Add the mushrooms, garlic and stock cube and cook for a further 1-2 minutes
- Take the pan off the heat and add the nuts, carrot, orange rind, parsley and beaten egg.
- Season, then press into the prepared tin-add extra nuts if the mixture is too moist.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until browned and firm to the touch
Can be cut, wrapped in individual portions and frozen when cold.