redients to serve 6
- 150g stale sponge or Madeira cake
- 150ml brandy mixed with sweet sherry or Madeira, in whatever proportions you prefer. If this mixture is too strong, mix the sherry or brandy with the juices from the fruit.
- 425g tin peaches, apricots or cherries, drained
- 1 x 525g pack of soya Vanilla Dessert or soya custard
- 100ml soya cream
- 1 egg white
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 10g flaked almonds, toasted to decorate
- Break up the sponge cake in the bottom of a glass or china bowl and pour over the brandy mixture.
- Cover the cake with the drained fruits, cut in half if they are too big. Spoon the vanilla custard/dessert over the fruit.
- Beat the soya cream with a whisk for a couple of minutes. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white with the sugar until fairly stiff. Add the vanilla essence and fold in the cream.
- Spoon the mixture over the custard. Sprinkle with the almonds over the top, cover with Clingfilm and refrigerate until needed.