- 675g mixed fruits, such as, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries and blackcurrants
- 30ml water
- 25-50g caster sugar, to taste
- 5 slices white bread, crusts removed
- Sprigs of fresh mint, to decorate
- Place fruit in a saucepan with the water and sugar. Cook gently for about 10 minutes until the fruits are soft but retain their shape.
- Line the base and sides of a 568ml pudding basin, with the bread, so that there are no spaces between slices.
- Fill half the case with fruit and top with a slice of bread and then pour in the rest of the fruit but reserve a small amount to serve. Cover with more slices of bread.
- Place a saucer on top of the pudding and add a weight. Leave in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, turn out and pour the reserved fruit over the pudding. Decorate with mint and serve with cream, ice-cream, yogurt or your own choice.