- 1small onion, finely chopped
- 15g butter
- 15ml olive oil
- 225g risotto rice (Arborio)
- 150ml white wine
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 225g mixed green vegetables
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 small lemon
- 45ml double cream (optional)
- Fry the onion in the butter and oil for 5-10 minutes until golden. Stir in the rice and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and cook rapidly until it has nearly all evaporated, stirring frequently.
- Gradually add the stock a ladleful at a time. Simmer gently and allow the stock to be fully absorbed before adding the next ladleful.
- Meanwhile, cook the vegetables in a pan of boiling salted water for a few minutes until just tender. Drain well.
- When all the stock has been added and the rice is tender, stir in the vegetables and the lemon juice and rind. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- Simmer for a further 3-4 minutes then stir in the cream, if using, and serve immediately.