- 150g/5oz Plain flour.
- 275g/10oz soft brown sugar.
- 1½ tsp baking powder.
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda.
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg.
- Generous pinch of ground cloves.
- 675g/1½ lb of apples, peeled & grated.
- 250ml/8fl.oz vegetable oil.
- 4 eggs.
- 25g/1oz chopped nuts.
- Place all the ingredients except HONEY FROSTING in a large bowl, and blend at slow speed with a mixer.
- When well mixed, beat at medium speed for 2 minutes, then divide between 2 greased deep 8 inch round dishes.
- Place one dish at a time on an inverted saucer in the oven. MICROWAVE at 50% (medium) for 6 minutes, turning twice.
- Increase the power to 100% (High) and microwave for 5 minutes until moist but firm.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes, then turn out to cool.
- Sandwich the cakes together and cover the top with Frosting.