- Beat the banana / apple / carrot / chestnut / tofu to a smooth purée with the milk and egg. This is best done in a liquidiser.
- Mix all the dry ingredients for the bread together with a tablespoon of oil.
- Fold the flour mixture into the purée. Do not over mix and do not leave to stand at this point or you will lose the light structure to the bread dough.
- Line a 10-inch square tray with non-stick baking parchment and spread the mixture in a 1" or 2cm deep layer in the tray, or in greased individual bun or patty trays.
- Preheated oven
- Gas mark 7 425°F 220°C
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
Always check that a loaf is cooked by using a skewer through the middle. The loaf is not cooked until the skewer comes out clean. A part cooked loaf can be turned over on the baking tray to ensure even cooking.
- All gluten free breads are best served fresh and hot.
- If bread is not being served immediately it is cooked, serve toasted.
- Use sorghum or millet flour in place of the Cornflour.
- Tomato bread: add 1 to 4 tsp of tomato purée to the liquidised mixture.
- Herb bread: add 1 to 4 tsp of mixed herbs and several chopped olives to the flour mixture.