- Cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water in the base of a steamer for 15 minutes or until tender. When the potatoes are halfway through cooking, place the carrots above the potatoes and steam for 3 minutes. Add the broccoli to the steamer and cook for 2 minutes, then add the leeks and green beans and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes. Set the remaining vegetables to one side. Mash the potatoes with 25g/1oz of the butter, 3-4tbsp milk, garlic and seasoning.
- In another pan, melt half the remaining butter and stir in the flour. Gradually whisk in the remaining milk and bring to the boil, whisking until smooth and thick. Whisk in the cider, mustard and seasoning, then stir in the vegetables.
- Spoon the mixture into an ovenproof dish and top with the mash. Dot with remaining butter and sprinkle the paprika over.
- Cook in the oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
NOTE: If you don’t care for garlic, try cheese or fried spring onions in the mash.