- 25g butter
- 1 large onion, peeled & sliced
- 1.5kg pumpkin, peeled, deseeded & coarsely chopped
- 2lt vegetable stock
- Croutons, to serve (optional)
- Using a large saucepan, heat half the butter and sweat the onion and pumpkin until the onion is translucent.
- Add the stock and season. Bring to the boil and simmer on a low heat for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the onion and pumpkin and put them through a sieve or food processor. Add just enough of the stock to give the soup your desired consistency. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Just before serving, stir in the remaining butter and sprinkle with crispy croutons, if desired.