- 425ml coconut milk
- 55g soft brown sugar
- 55g arrowroot
- Kiwi fruit or banana, sliced, to decorate.
- Place all the ingredients except fruit into a heavy based saucepan and cook over a medium heat, stirring continually until the mixture thickens to a cream. Do not let it boil.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly and then divide between 4 bowls. When cooled, place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Just before serving decorate each bowl with the fruit.
- You can make the sauce thicker by using a little more arrowroot. This makes an ideal filling for a sweet flan.