- 75g wholemeal flour 75g plain flour, sifted
- 175g Demerara sugar
- 75g butter or margarine, softened
- 30ml milk
- 2 very ripe bananas, sliced (Blackened bananas, past their best make the best pudding)
- 15ml lemon juice
- 5ml ground cinnamon
- 50g plain flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 25g butter or margarine
- Line the base of a 20cm x 10cm loaf dish with greaseproof paper.
- Make topping by mixing together flour and sugar, rub in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Combine all the pudding ingredients in a bowl and beat with a mixer on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Spread the pudding mixture evenly in the loaf dish and sprinkle the topping over the top.
- Shield dish ends with small pieces of smooth foil, securely attached.
- Place dish on an inverted plate and microwave at 50%/medium for 9 minutes, rotating a quarter turn twice. Increase power to 100%/high for 4-6 minutes until cooked, removing foil after 2 minutes and rotating twice
- Stand for 5-10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Remove paper and leave to cool.