- 1.8kg pumpkin
- 1.2kg white sugar
- 2 lemons
- 25g root ginger (optional)
- 2 oranges
- Yeast nutrient
- Grate the pumpkin, slice the oranges and lemons, bruise the ginger and put them all in a bucket. Pour over them 3.5lt of boiling water and when cool add the yeast and nutrient.
- Allow to stand for 5 days closely covered, stirring frequently, then strain and dissolve the sugar in the liquid.
- After 4-5 days fermentation, closely covered, put into a fermentation jar and fit bubbler.
- When it clears, siphon off the yeast.
- After six months the wine should be ready and can be bottled.