- 1k/2¼lb granulated sugar
- 1.5lt boiling water
- 4 med lemons
- 30 large elderflowers (Check the smell, as for the first recipe)
- 55g/2oz citric acid
- In a large pan, bring the water to the boil and dissolve the granulated sugar. Once this is completely dissolved allow to cool.
- Grate the rind of the lemons, finely, and stir into the mixture.
- Cut up the remaining “bare” lemons into slices and add to the mixture along with the citric acid.
- Now drop in the elderflower flowers, stir, and cover with a tea cloth.
- Leave for 2 days.
- Now, filter the liquid through a muslin bag (or similar) into bottles. Seal with corks and produce some labels.
- This cordial will keep well for about a year-so enjoy it!