- 15g/1level tsp coffee granules
- 1.25kg/2¼lb granulated sugar
- 15g/1tsp yeast nutrient
- 1pkt Young’s all purpose White wine yeast
- Into a 2 gallon, clean brewing bucket, put the coffee, sugar, Citric acid and yeast nutrient and pour over 2lt/4pt of boiling water. Stir well then allow to cool.
- Pour into a clean Demi-john, top up to the shoulder with warm water. Now add the packet of yeast. Fit an airlock and leave in a warm place for 5 days.
- After 5 days top up to the bottom of the neck. Refit the airlock and allow fermentation to continue until complete.
- Rack off (transfer to another clean Demi-john) allow fermentation to complete fully, ie. 1 bubble per 30 seconds.
- Bottle up using good bottles, quality corks, an attractive label and spend some money on neck sleeving. The small amount spent on the last few items will lift your wine into a new league.