- 45ml tomato sauce
- 30ml light soy sauce
- 10ml golden syrup
- 30ml lemon juice
- 15ml sunflower oil
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- In a shallow dish, mix together the tomato and soy sauces, syrup, lemon juice, oil, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning.
- Carefully cut 3 gashes in the top of each drumstick, then add to the dish and spoon over the marinade. Refrigerate overnight.
- Using tongs, remove the chicken from the marinade and put on a grill pan. Grill for 20 minutes under a medium grill, basting regularly with the left over marinade.
- Serve immediately with a piece of foil over the ends of the drumsticks and with a selection of salad and a sprig of coriander to garnish.
- NB. If you are doing a barbeque you could cook these and serve with your barbeque food.