Ingredients to serve 8
- Butter to grease
- 3 medium eggs, separated
- 75g caster sugar
- 75g plain cooking chocolate, melted
- 30ml Camp Coffee.
- 50g self-raising flour, sifted
To make filling:
- 1 tin cherries, drained and pitted
- 50g walnuts, chopped
- 150ml fresh double cream, whipped
- To decorate: chocolate dots, glace cherries, sifted icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas 4. Grease and line a swiss roll tin.
- Put egg yolks and sugar into a bowl and whisk until pale and fluffy. Add chocolate and coffee essence then gradually fold in the flour. Whisk egg whites until light and fluffy and then fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into the tin, spread evenly and bake for 20 minutes. When cooked, remove from the oven and cover with a clean, damp t-towel.
- Mix cherries and walnuts into two-thirds of the cream. Turn out roll and remove paper. Spread cream mixture over the sponge. Roll up and use the remaining cream to pipe swirls on top.
- Decorate with chocolate dots and glace cherries and sprinkle the icing sugar over the top.