Ingredients to serve 10
- 4 chicken breasts
- Milk, for brushing
- 25g sesame seeds, to coat
- To Make Stuffing:
- 75g dried apricots, chopped
- 75g shredded bran
- 25g breadcrumbs
- 25g toasted cashew nuts
- 25g sunflower margarine
- 1tsp dried thyme
- 1 small onion, grated
- 100ml chicken stock
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
To Serve: salad
- Preheat oven to 190ºC/375ºF/Gas 5.
- Using a sharp knife, cut chicken breast lengthwise about halfway through. Place between two sheets of Clingfilm and beat with a rolling pin to flatten to an even thickness.
- Combine all the stuffing ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pile the mixture down the centre of the chicken breasts and roll up to enclose the stuffing overlapping slightly at the join.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and brush with milk. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to coat evenly.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve, sliced thinly, hot or cold, with salad.