Make these the day before required to allow flavours to develop
- 4 small red peppers
- 4 small yellow peppers
- 200g couscous
- 400ml boiling water
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4tsp cumin seeds, lightly crushed
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- 2tsp harissa (chilli paste)
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 400g tin chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 4tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 4tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Cut the tops off the peppers and remove seeds and core. Set the peppers and lids aside.
- Place couscous in a large bowl, pour the boiling water over and leave to soak for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, cumin and cinnamon and fry for 2 minutes more.
- Add the onion mixture and the
reminingingredients to the couscous and season well .
- Spoon the mixture into the peppers and replace the lids. Push 2
skewers throughthe lids of the peppers to enclose the couscous .
- Brush with the remaining oil and grill on the barbeque for 10-15 minutes, using the skewers to turn them occasionally
. Servewith salad or griddled sweet potatoes.