This recipe is a little off my normal style but even our pets need good healthy food to be the best.
- 1.4kg wholemeal flour
- 225g margarine
- 1½tbsp salt
- 1tbsp yeast extract (Marmite or Vegemite)
- Mix the salt and flour together
- Rub the margarine into the flour and salt mixture
- Dissolve the yeast extract in a little hot water. Makeup to 900ml.
- Mix the yeast stock into the flour mixture to form a dough
- Roll out the dough to 5mm thick. Cut into shapes using a suitable cutter if you have one.
- Place on a baking tray and bake at 350°F/180°C/Gas 4 for 45 minutes
. Allow to coolcompletely before storing in an airtight container.