Ingredients to serve 4 (no cooking )
- 50-75g/2-3oz red or green peppers, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 bananas, peeled and diced
- 4 heaped tbsp cold boiled rice
- 2 heaped tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 level tbsp granulated sugar
- ½level tsp salt
- 1 level tsp curry powder
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4tbsp vegetable oil
- Few sprigs watercress or cress
- 1 lemon twist
- Combine the pepper, onion, bananas, rice and coconut in a salad bowl.
- Using a
screw topjar, combine the sugar, salt, curry powder, lemon juice and oil. Shake well.
- Pour the contents of the jar over the salad and mix well with 2 forks or salad tongs.
- Garnish with watercress or cress and the lemon twist.
- For variation use chopped almonds or walnuts instead of coconut.